11.10.07

Tuesday February 5th, 2008 Steamboat



















Date & Location: Tuesday February 5th, 2008 Steamboat

Snow & Weather: 20 degrees Still FRESHIES!

Vertical feet & runs: 20,220 feet 15 runs

Season Total: 186,830 feet 264

Comments: Rode with Pete, Terra, and Vicki. There was still lots of freshies left from the big dump yesterday. Pete and I should have some bad karma coming our way. We were by the lift and some stupid skier lady wearing a big puffy white coat looking like the Michelin Marshmallow man came skiing by us out of control and almost hit Terra. She said "you shouldn't stop there." I yelled "well if you knew how to ski" and Pete yelled "where would you like us to wait, in line you stupid bitch." We thought the karma police were gonna tag us on the next run but we finished the day with no pay backs. Sweet! We did lots of trees and lots of deep snow. We hiked two times to Alarm Clock and Pete went off this ginormous booter. I was scared but he killed it. By the way I have a theory that Pete is a terminator from the future. He rode over 100,000 feet in 4 days. I almost died today. Running trees with Pete and came up to a 20 ft rock cliff and almost went over it and if so I would be dead because there were a ton of Aspens below the cliff. My board was hanging over the edge. I had to slide over to the side and basically hang from a tree to get down. It was one of the scariest experiences I have ever had and it put the mountain back into perspective. I talked Vicki and Terra (while terminator Pete was off riding like crazy) into doing two more runs. They not only did two more runs but poached a closed run down Christie lift line. We tore up some sweet powder turns with all the people on the lift above us hooting and hollering. We rock! I was impressed with the girls. A great trip. Thanks Pete and Terra for inviting me!

Vicki: Today was a bit rocky for me. Not sure what was wrong for the first part of the day but I think I needed some caffeine and didn't have it. I thought I'd be in by 2pm but things turned around and I stuck it out to lift close. We had such snow for this trip, very lucky! I owe thanks to Pete today for digging me out of numerous powder holes during my rough morning! Matt, Terra, and I finished the day with a couple great runs poaching the lift line, so a perfect end to the day. This was a great trip!!

Peter: We got up early after a night where I only slept 4 hours. I could not sleep as my brain wouldn't stop drawing sweet lines in the powder amongst the trees. Oh well time to ride. The snow was deep. We all took the Morningside Lift and hiked a bit before dropping in for some great powder turns. Terra pointed out a huge booter in the back country which I launched off and didn't die. Then we all got stuck in the deep snow except for Matt. We split up at some point and Matt and I killed some trees. Matt had a vision and we had to take the Elkhead Lift up to some trees. It turns out the vision may have been more of a premonition of his death...cliff. I then rode solo for the rest of the day cause...well I'm a snowboarding junkie. Hit the superpipe on the way out twice...scary but fun. We ate some tasty Mexican food at Rio Grande downtown Steamboat. I was super tired but 2 margaritas later was feeling better. We hit the OTP (Old Towne Pub) for a couple but most of the was a bit lethargic. We got a shuttle back and immediately hit the hay. Matt was a bit disappointed with our super Fat Tuesday party efforts. I rode in powder 4 days in a row. Well over a 100,000 vertical feet of bliss. Steamboat.

Terra: What a sweet trip! We rode like crazy in conditions that probably only happen once in a great while! Hopefully we get this lucky in Montana. Our first runs were through nice fluffy powder. Then we hit Morningside... it looked so fresh over there! Our run over there took a small hike and then we strapped in. So much fresh snow! I was a little nervous to venture off a track because the snow was so deep and I didn't want to get stuck. My body couldn't take a 15 minute struggle against the snow. Oh so sore! It was a good time, great friends and sweet times! We had some strong margaritas at Rio Grande and then watched a bunch of loony people dance at OTP. It was Mardi Gras and we squeezed the rubber chicken. Ha Ha! To Matt's disappointment that was probably the highlight of the evening. We shuttled back, went to bed and woke up to more fresh snow. Damn!

No comments: