13.10.07

Sunday February 3rd 2008 Steamboat

















Date & Location: Sunday February 3rd, 2008 Steamboat

Snow & Weather: 25 degrees 2" fresh and 2 feet over last 48 hours

Vertical feet & runs: 20,250 ft 12 runs

Season Total: 148,140 ft 237 runs

Comments: Rode with Pete, Terra, and Vicki. Superbowl sunday, GO NE! Great day Steamboat received about 2 feet in last 48 hours. Check out the crazy vert. I put on a bump clinic for the group. I was so impressed with everyone today. I saw Pete and Terra both do cartwheels in the pow pow. Vicki you are next. After about 15,000 vertical feet, Pete and I decided to hit Christmas Tree Bowl. I hate helmets. But my riding was so awesome it took away the dork factor of my helmet. I thought Pete got swallowed up by a tree well and died but he was OK. It is supposed to snow tonight. I hope so because I love Freshies! We now drink beer and watch Superbowl. Pete almost got in a fight with a skier. Skiers SUCK! Trees Trees Trees Trees Trees Trees Trees (sung to that hockey sporting theme song).

Vicki: Great day today! Thanks to Terra for inviting us! She is awesome. Today was a blast. We found lots of powder in trees. I love the tree runs here but I definitely learned I need to work on the bumps- lots of bumps with powder and I don't have the skills for that yet- I'll get there though! Now watching Superbowl and getting drunk- great day!

Terra: We'll start from the end. It's snowing still, we're hoping for 18" tonight. Watching the Patriots win the Superbowl and shots of Rumpleminze. Vicki and I suffered down some flat shit getting to the bar to scope out a place to watch the game. We did tons of runs though. Some trees and ran a little down the sides. Small snack at Four Points before hitting the tree run that Matt was looking for all day. Riding through some knee deep pow on Storm Peak Express. We didn't take the Gondola today...too windy, too slow. Egg & Sausage McMuffins. Oh yeah...I forget...Pete pushing that dude with the bad karma!

Peter: I ate brownies and rode! Yesterday we rode in waist deep powder. Today was only knee deep. Matt and I rode steeps in Xmas Bowl right after a skier pushed past Matt in the lift line only to trip and fall on the lift gate, we both chanted karma to the offending skier, and then I punched him (accidentally) as I tripped over the same rail. Epic solo run to end the day!

No comments: